Getting married is so much more than picking out the perfect wedding location, ring or dress. Many couples think they know everything there is to know about their significant other, but if you devote the time and energy into premarital counseling you may learn more than you thought possible about both yourself and your partner. You will also be setting up your marriage with a foundation of discovery and a lifetime of good communication.
In addition, Couples who undergo counseling before their wedding have a 30% higher marital success rate than those who do not. What better thing can you invest in than the success of your marriage?
Benefits of premarital counseling:
- Improves couple communication and conflict resolution.
- Sets a precedent for future problem solving.
- Invites the wisdom of experienced others into your relationship.
- Establishes that your relationship has a “growth” mindset.
- Best insurance policy you can purchase for your relationship.
Subject areas covered in premarital counseling:
- Family of origin issues
- Past relationships, marriages, divorces
- Faith and Religion
- Conflict Resolution
- Expectations for Roles and Responsibilities
- Children and Parenting
- Relationship with In-laws
- Financial managementIntimacy, sex, and affection
- Personal stress and how that impacts marriage
- Help for blended families
Couples will start premarital counseling even before your first visit by taking a short, online assessment. The results of this assessment will be sent to your therapist who will use the assessment to guide the counseling sessions.
We use two popular assessments that you can choose from. Both of these assessments have a high rate of validity and reliability and are continuously improved over time. Each assessment will give you a solid baseline of your core strengths and growth areas of your relationship. Being in a marriage is a lifelong reason to grow as an individual as you grow as a couple. If you stay in a “growth mindset” you are in for a lifetime of learning and positive change and growth.
Packages and Cost:
6 sessions – $1,050 ($175 per 50 minute session)
12 sessions – $1,980 ($165 per 50 minute session).
Average cost of a wedding in the USA is $33,900. The cost of premarital counseling will be less than 5% of the total cost of the wedding.